Sunday, April 17, 2011

Sunday's Obituary - Ellerslie Wallace Rogers - Trenton, NJ

I have written before of the sad, short life of the first-born son of Dr. Elmer H. and Mary (Bowers) Rogers, Ellerslie Wallace Rogers.  He was my husband's grand-uncle.  Although his father was a respected Trenton, NJ physician, he was not able to save his own child from dying.  I have not been able to find out why Ellerslie or Wallace as it appeared he was called died, the only mention of his death is this short mention in the Trenton Times on 20 Feb 1895:


Although some months ago I had requested via Find-A-Grave, a photograph of his headstone at Riverview Cemetery in the family plot, I was very disappointed to be told there was none.  However, just this week out of the blue I received notification that another Find-A-Grave contributor had added these pictures of Ellerslie and his sister Helen's headstones (who I will write about also) and I am so grateful to have these pictures.

Riverview Cemetery, Trenton, NJ

Main Headstone - Rogers Children

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...