Sunday, April 24, 2011

Sunday's Obituary - Helen Rogers - Trenton, NJ

I wrote last week about the short life of Ellerslie Wallace Rogers, son of Dr. Elmer H. and Mary (Bowers) Rogers.  Sadly, they were to lose another child two and a half years later, their four year-old daughter Helen.  I would have never known about Helen, except I came across this short notice in the Trenton Times:

Trenton Times 21 Jul 1897

Once again, no mention as to the cause of death and I can only guess at the sadness and despair the parents felt, especially the father being a doctor and unable to save his own child.

Just this week I received notification that a Find-A-Grave contributor had added these pictures of Ellerslie and Helen's headstones and I am very grateful to have both of these pictures.



Riverview Cemetery, Trenton, NJ


Rogers Children, Main Stone, Riverview Cemetery

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...