Monday, September 13, 2010

Alvin Stackhouse Rogers, Jr.

This is my husband's father who was born in Trenton, Mercer County, New Jersey on 30 May, 1926 to Dr. Alvin Stackhouse Sr.and Luella Ruth (Johnston) Rogers.  The story I have always heard is that he was supposed to be a doctor like his father, but he joined the Navy Reserve during World War II at the age of 17 (I'm sure his mother wasn't happy).  When the war was over he went to Florida where he worked as a doorman at a hotel in Miami for a short while until he married.

His father died when he was eleven and I'm sure that must have been hard on the family as Alvin Sr. was a well-known prominent doctor in Mercer County.  Al died on 11 Jan 1993 in Margate, Fl.  I sincerely regret not being able to talk to him about his family, I know there is much he could tell me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...